itchy, sticky scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy, sticky scrotum

This is to address the posted answer that was made on itchy sticky scrotum. Dr. this condition is a real condition and it is spreading like wild fire. No doctor out there has found any real answers for this condition. The man that made the statement concerning his scrotum is not imagining his problem nor is it in his mind. I share his problem and have gone from doctor to doctor, dermatologists, etc., you name it. They have put me on creams, foams, powders, but nothing has helped.  I am tired of the excuses and guesses. I know its frustrating for a doctor to not be able to help his patient, that is if he/she really cares about their patient. Truth is sir, no one knows anything about this skin condition. Mine started with small tiny bumps in my pubic hairs. I remember like it was yesterday. It was after an sexual encounter or night at a hotel and I thought the female gave me something. I'm not saying its sexually transmitted because we were in a hotel and it could have be that in my bathing maybe the hotel rags had some type of bacteria in them. I have been reading up on this condition from many men postings over the web and some said they were not sexually active or never been outside their marriage or really don't understand how this came about. I can only speak for me that it was the day after a sexual encounter. Now whether the woman or something in the hotel I can't tell but like I said it started with small bumps in my pubic hairs. Later, I started itching in my scrotum. When I started using antifungus creams it later became sticky. I have been affected by this condition for 2 years now and nothing and nobody has said or gave me any cures. I am still hoping that some Dr. out there will take on this condition and learn about it, study it, maybe get some scientific help concerning it. You will here more about this condition from men because it is real, and we don't know how we are getting it and the saddest part, there seems to be no cure at the present time. I just wanted to speak on the man's defense that its not in his mind. May have nothing to do with a new STD because its not proven to come through sex. But I will say I hope somebody will find a cure out there before it ends up an epidemic all over dermatologist offices everywhere.

This discussion is related to itchy, sticky testicles.
0%
 (0) 
itchy, sticky scrotum
0%
 (0) 
itchy scrotum
0 Members voted
Tags: scrotum
I have this similar problem for 1 year....I have realized that its not the skin but its one of the organs inside, definitely above the abdomen...may be leaking...because of gravity the fluid tries to come out from below testicle and anus....its not visible thro eyes but scratching the area and smelling the fingers identifies its existence...
YES!!  I have this too. I'm wondering what the hell it is?
I'm not overweight at all, but a few years ago I noticed that the area where my scrotum meets my leg was constantly wet and itchy and it smells bad. I tried several of the "jock itch" medicine but not of them do anything. yes, please, if anyone finds out what this is let me know.
This is what I just got done asking about as well. It slowly came on to me and before long I have had this for six years and cant find anything or anybody to help withthis issue. I dont sleep around and my partner doesnt eighther and were both not able to figure it out. I have been using the medicted gold bond powder and this past week does help the itch alittle. try that. i hope someone finds out what this is. let me know
I have had this problem for a few years now. I went to many dermatologists, gastrenternologist, allergist and primary doctors. I was told eczema at first but that doesn't fit at all. Then I was told it is in my head. My symptoms are similar except for the itching. My scrotum will burn like hell for a few seconds to a minute, then go away.
The skin is sticky especially after a shower. The doctor said it's sweat, funny I don't usually sweat after a cold shower.
The one thing that I figured out is that doctors could care less about our problem.
im 17 and i have  this same thing too.. i have never had sex  so its not std related ... ive been to dermatologist and all and doctors.. had powders for fungal infections .. they were no good... its really annoying that they dont seem to care the doctors that is... this really bugs me coz it causes other problems for me in that area to do with my skin sensitivity... they say they can only treat what they see !!  its soo pathetic !! ... i only noticed this a few years ago after using an anti fungal cream for more a lot longer than i was meant to.. but the doctors said even though i used it for much longer than i shud hav that it wasnt the reason for my balls being sticky !! sometimes they burn ... its worse after shower .. cant enjoy a nice swim !! and yet all the top nobs say im fine !! haha... ugh !! its depressing !!
Wrangelerjeans, et al,

I also suffer from the same thing. I have had it for about 3 years, but now is worse. It seems like "whatever it is" it knows when I am going to go to sleep, after a couple of minutes in bed, it starts itching, then it burns, then it gets wet and sticky. I have an appoitment with a dermatologist in 3 days, but I see that there is no hope. Please keep me up to date if anyone finds anything to help the itching.
I'm one of the many who have suffered this for years, and without diagnosis.  I also had the small red bumps (like fire ant bites) in the pubic region, which came to a head and burst.  For a while the scrotum was red and skin thickened, which settled into a constant itch and stickiness.  It causes my scrotum to stick to the inside of my leg (but only on one side).  Diagnosis and treatment is long overdue.  Any help is welcome.

I have been dealing with the problem of a sticky scrotum and penis on and off for several years.  I believe that I have just found the solution.

Quite by accident, my physician discovered that I was vitamin D deficient---not even on the low end of the scale for measuring.  My doctor prescribed a supplement, initially twice a day until my levels rise.  I have noticed that the sticky skin problem has disappeared...and here I was thinking that the problem was related to soaps, etc.

I truly hope that this helps men who have experienced this problem, I truly do.  I know how isolating this problem can be because you don't feel that you'll ever be able to be intimate with a woman again.

As for the doctor on this website who keeps telling men to stop imagining the problem, please stop assuming that just because you don't know the solution.  Yes, physicians are well educated, but you're learning too.  Trust me, no one wants to have the need of being on this forum.  We just want to live our lives...with quality of life.

Hope this info helps.  Be sure to check this over with your physician.  A person can get too much vitamin D also.  Keep it within limits.

All the best.

Questionguy

Holy god, i have discovered a whole new fraternity, i have the same problems and i always thought that mine was a rare case and i was haplessly depressed, more so coz the treatments prescribed by the doctors didn't work. It's really frustrating and it's hard 2 concentrate on work.  Though i'm yet 2 get any cure but mentally i'm stronger 2 face my plight after finding out that a lot of people actually lives with this as a part of life no matter howsoever unwilling.  DONT LOSE HOPE BROTHERS.
Guys has anyone tried David Hoskings?  I used everything under the sun from doctors and derms and nothing worked. The Doc on here is equally clueless. I had this for 2 years, it ruined my life, gave me back problems from walking oddly.  I came across this guys stuff(David Hoskings in AUS) and figured I've tried everything else I'll give it a shot.  I sent the guy pics of my junk, embarrassing, but I was as desperate as you get.  He was totally cool about it and told me to get his Psorexederm cream.  In 2 weeks I saw vast improvement, 3 weeks it was basically gone.  I put it on morning thick, and night thick for a month.  I've been relatively totally clear for over a year, any time I feel the slightest flare up, I put the cream on for a week just for good measure.  I hope this helps someone on here, because if you have what I think I had, I know how horrible life is right now.  Horrible nights sleep, ruined confidence, attitude, social life, sex life, depression... all brought on from this life wrecking rash that is still not diagnosed.  I really feel for you guys.  Get in touch with David through email, ask questions, he'll get back to you he did for me.  Think it costs me 80 bucks if I recall, maybe more with shipping cause it came from Aus, but best money ever spent.
http://www.hoskingspharmacy.com/treat-psoriasis-excema_balmpsorexederm.php
I'm trying the vitamin D suggestion and I'm being conscious of post urination dribbling. I dab with a piece of toliet paper until Im sure not even a drop is left. Something is working. Stickiness has subsided and the night time itching isn't as bad. Condition is at least tolerable.
I have Sticky - itchy balls, where they stick together they start to burn slightly and itch.  Allowing them to pull apart and breath relieves the itch temporarily. The condition is definitely real.  It seems if i can prevent them from sticking the itch wont happen.  When the condition first started it was after having sex with a very sexually active woman.  I thought i must have jock itch and started using antifungal cream, this made the condition much worst, then i tried honey, blow drying the area all night long to keep it dry garlic tabs, boric acid, expensive cream prescribed by a dermatologist worked the best but did not cure it, every anti fungal pill imaginable, and none of it worked. The docs all said I dont really have anything. And most likely if anything contact dermatitis.   They were somewhat right in that not treating it made the effects lesson dramatically. The most annoying aspect is the stickiness and the fact that the skin absorbs lubricants and remains sticky.  This makes sex more difficult as if she even slightly gets dry its much less pleasurable.  Getting started for this reason when she's not already very aroused is much more difficult and even for me sometimes hurts.  I would like to find a cure so I can get my sex life back to normal.  Using lotion relieves all symtoms (symptoms) for a little bit and some days i barely notice it.  But its still there i still have a slight redness all the time mostly where my scrotum and penis stick together when left un-lotioned for too long.   My best guess is its just a bacteria or fungas that isn't quite studied yet in too much detail and the byproduct is sticky skin, and when its allowed to stick together for too long it grows enough and gets painful.  In my situation the resultant treatments I used made the condition much worst because they damaged the skin so much. I would lean toward a bacterial infection because the anti fungal creams made it much much worse.  I have had mine for 15 months. I am only publishing this because I think it will be useful should any doctor choose to take on these cases in more detail.
I have had a similiar problem as well for about a year now, it comes and goes, but always in the same spot. First it's unbearably itchy, after i scratch it, it starts to leak some sort of moist, sticky substance. If i scratch it too much it starts to burn, but the itching is too intense not to scratch most of the time. I have been worried  that it is std related but my blood work shows up clean.
My wife has given me a solution to the BSTL problem.  She gave me a pair of her panties to try.  They are silky and real thin and go in between my scrotum and my legs and keeps the skin separated.  They seem to work really well.. Except for my PJ's and bathrobe when I don't have her underware on.  She bought me a bunch more so I don't have to wear hers and she says this cuts down on me embarrassing her in public.
This forum is really helpful. I've had the very same problem now for around 9 months, and it is driving me a little crazy.  It's very uncomfortable and makes exercise difficult. Thanks for putting the word out there guys.  I just ordered the "Hoskings Psorexederm Cream," and I'll try little extra Vitamin D as well.  I hope it works. Thanks
i have had the same damn problem for over 20 years no one know any solution for this problem it has made my life awful
LISTERINE

LISTERINE

LISTERINE
What do you mean by Listerine?
For 11 years I had testicles that were itchy and STICKY, even fresh out of the shower.

The two best things I had previously found for relief were 1) shaving the area in the shower and 2) applying Gold Bond Powder afterwards. But even that would make me just barely comfortable enough not to be constantly touching my balls, and only for about half a day.

So, I applied Original flavor Listerine (I have tried many things) to my testicles and surrounding area in the shower after a shave. And I could feel it working instantly, like you can in your mouth, except... hotter. But I could tell the difference in the shower immediately, and I could especially feel a difference when I dried off. The slime was gone!

It was such extreme relief that I honestly thought I would be able to completely eradicate the problem. But now that over a week has gone by I am finding that I have to apply once/daily to keep the problem from slowly starting to come back.

Still, once/daily symptom relief is sooooooo much better than having permanently itchy STICKY balls
Thanks guys i have had the same symptoms and this made me feel more comfortable. My symptoms r not as server as some and my only difference is i occasionally have a leg cramp but dat could be somethin different since i played sports. I think i will try the Vitamin D and see how that work. If any one have any more info please let us no
I have very similar symptoms that you guys are describing which started a few months ago. I just received the results from my annual blood test. The doctor’s office just called and said that my vitamin D level is extremely low. I'm picking up my vitamin D high dosage prescription tomorrow and will see what happens.
how did that work out for you trout?  did vitamin d help?
Same symptoms for about 5 months. Tried Gold Bond medicated, then Tenactin, then Lotrimin AF then Lotrimin Ultra....seemed to help a bit while I was using them but came right back after I stopped.  Read a few posts here and there so picked up some viatmin D, generic kind 1000 units and have been taking them along with using Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula once or twice a day.  Not sure which is having the effect as started at same time but 90% of symptoms are gone!  Wondering if we are all vitamin D deficient ??
I know I get absolutely no sunlight in winter as I work inside and seldom go outside.  Anyone here get plenty of sunlight and still have the symptoms?
Just to add...the Cocoa butter I'm using if the men's body and face formula so also has vitamin E....so that is another possibility. Not sure if the Vitamin D and Cocoa butter will cure this crap but am hoping so...but in the meantime it sure makes it much more tolerable. Nothing like it was before
Had this off and on for yrs. Tried everything, gold bond-jock itch-acne soap-baby powder-diaper rash med-no soap and more. Went to a dermatologist and she took a sample at its worst and prescribed me a pill not any kind of lotion. The pill was a hard-core potassium and antibiotic. She said it was stress that eats up potassium in our body and for some reason guys get this in their groin area. Disappeared in less then a week :)  and has been gone since. I also had to stop using fabric softener on my underwear and couldn't use scented body wash (axe, old spice...) only Dove. I promise this works and I will post what medication it was exactly, just have to look for it.
Did you ever find the name of that potassium and antibiotic pill you were talking about?
What other symptoms were you having apart from the sticky scrotum, was there a burning sensation?
So this thread is 5 years old,have we gotten any closer to the cure of this issue?  I have been suffering from it for 2 years now.

How has the Vitamin D helped for those who tried it, how often do you take vitamin D and what is the dosage size?  

Everytime I go to doc I appear to be Vitamin D deficient and he only prescribes me 1 pill.  Is that enough?

Any one else try the listerine?

I have the constantly sticky scrotum, I find the cause is due to my inner thighs, they are quite hot most of the time.  If I slid both my hands up my inner thigh upto gap/scrotum area it feels hot, hotter than any other place on my body.  What would be the cause of the constant hotness?
Hello community, thanks for all the responses over the years. I have been monitoring the activity. Unfortunately I am still suffering from this conditions and its been over 5 years now at least. How long its been I have lost track of time. Some eczema creams have helped with the itching but I know its a temporary relief and its certainly not eczema as a doctor told me too. I am not sure what it is but I will say I am keeping an eye open on this forum for any solutions. Still suffering and trying many things till there is a cure.
Hey my condition is similar not exactly this but worse. i cried for help for years but doctors or people didn't seem to understand or care and i still don't understand why. I am almost giving up on seeking help. I have extreme headaches, face pain, tension pain in my thigh in addition to skin burning pain and red skin all over the genital area. doctors didn't believe that the headaches could be caused by this. my condition looks like the cancer of the nervous system. one location in my whole body skin affects all the nervous system and radiates the pain to the other body parts. it should be treated like a serious nervous disease like m.s. but doctors are not aware of how serious it is. they don't believe skin problems can cause other types of pain or persistent pain.  i have realized that the skin heals itself very slowly but it takes years. another important thing i noticed is, soap shouldn't be used anytime.