Dermatology Expert Forum
itchy, sticky testicles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

itchy, sticky testicles

for the last 4 yrs or so i have had sticky to touch, itchy testicles, they irritate when i walk or do any exercise,i also have irritation around my anus and always have to wipe several times a day, theres also a constant smell like semen present and if i touch myself i can smell it on my hands. I have also noticed that my testicles and my penis have become darker in colour. Even sitting watching telly  on my leather chair makes them irritable and sticky, after showering they are even worse for the stickyness, if i put my finger on my testicles and pull it away, my testicle comes with it I have to wash and use talc powder to ease the symptoms all of the time.  I have had all test for std;s which are clear, i have been to dermatologist who has tried deoderant creams, anti fungal treatments, yeast problems, even a menthol cream to apply, (which helped after the burning went away) but none have cured and now i don't know what else to do, my GP doesn't know who else to refer me to.  This irritation is affecting my day to day life. I live in the uk but was advised that maybe i had a fungal infection in the crease of my leg and testicles and anus and had treatment for this and i was advised that when i went to a hot climate that it would clear up as i would be wearing shorts most of time, i went to australia for a month and the irritation was worse not better. The only time i feel any relief is when i am naked, but of course that isn't possible all the time.
i don't have any visible rashes, lumps discharge or any indication that i have a problem here other than the irritation.
My wife and i are in a faithful marriage and my wife has also been tested at the same time for any infections ect and was clear, although in the past she has had some treatment for BV and thrush, could this have anything to do with this?  Please help me
I'd like to but I don't know if I can.  Basically, there are no skin diseases I know of that produce the symptoms you describe.  They are, in a word, in your mind, and they need to be dealt with as such.

People who have sensations like yours unfortunately respond to suggestions like the one I just made with skepticism or even anger.  However, I offer this advice in the hope that you'll at least consider it.  Unless you do, I fear that you won't get better any time soon.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff
Hi there,

Well comin to the point, I have been suffering from a fungal Infection below & around my scrotum, I showed it to a Dermatologist he prescribed me a tube "BUTOP" (Butenatine Hydrochloride) but it hasn't worked out well & its also hard to apply.        What I'm looking for is there is some kind of Powder which can be applied freely & should be effective plus my whole penis,testicles,& around legs whole skin got darkened I dont know how I deal this thing...................... Please advice.....

Regards,
Baba Bhai
A related discussion, Hot Sticky Scrotum was started.
A related discussion, itchy, sticky scrotum was started.
A related discussion, Irritation below testicles... was started.
A related discussion, Warning. This man is no expert was started.
A related discussion, Help was started.