itchy anus, penis peeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy anus, penis peeling

Dear Doctor,
About a month ago, I started having itchy feeling around my anus. It is a small unchanging area of 2-3cm below and close to the anus opening. And about a 4-5 days  ago I noticed a small part (1-2mm) on the side of my penis glans (glands) starting to peel off. The peeling area has spread and is now about 1/4-1/5 of my penis head. The penis peeling area is not itchy, nor painful, if I don't look at it, I would not know I have it. The area that has peeled off is red. No discharge, no discomfort. Although my anus is still itchy and my penis is not, I cant help the feeling the two things are related. I tried to look at my anus in the mirror and I think I see red areas where it is itchy.
The last time I had sexual intercourse was more than 4 months ago, but since then I have received oral sex about 2 months ago, and an erotic massage including anus stimulation roughly a week before the itching in the anus started. However the girl was using "finger condom" that was freshly unpacked before my eyes.

I know I should go and see a doctor, but any suggestion what it might be would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

This discussion is related to hair follicle on penis.
Causes of itchy anal rash include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing, the pressure of sitting, chemical irritants like laundry soaps, certain food irritants, medicines like some antibiotics and laxatives, infections like STD’s and pinworms, anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as fungal infections, seborrhea and eczema.

Treatment of anal itching depends on the cause of the problem. Try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone, but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, please take an antihistamine like Benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.