itchy arm
my lower arms take turns itching so bad I scratch till they bleed.One arm will begin for about a month,then stop.Than the other arm starts doing the same.I did notice it takes place inhot summer months in florida.What could it be?

This discussion is related to Sever arm itching.
It can be due to brachioradial pruritis. The itch can be so intense that sufferers will scratch their own skin to a bleeding condition.
The main cause of BRP is not known but there is evidence to suggest that BRP may arise in the nervous system. BRP may be attributed to a neuropathy, such as chronic cervical radiculopathy.

No cure has been found. The only thing that seems to help most sufferers is the application of ice to the area until the itch is diminished. Other treatments include cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol, capsacain or local anesthetic creams,amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation.

Please discuss this possibility and these options of treatment with your dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.