itchy brown spots
About a week ago a small section of my torso started to itch.  I thought maybe it was an irritation from my clothes but then I noticed a few small light brown spots, they look almost like freckles but I have found that is where the itch is coming from.  What should I do? What could it be
For such brown spots, the possibility of pityriasis rosea should be ruled out. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.
I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.