itchy bugbite like bumps on my legs more every night

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A few weeks ago a bunch of friends went paintballing in a pretty heavily wooded area.  We have been the past 4 sundays and a few days after our game alst week while trying to go to sleep i began itching on the top of my foot.  there were no marks when i began itching, but as i continued to scratch, multiple red bumps appeared that resembled bug bites.  I probably had at least 7 bites on both of my feet and it's the most intense itching ever!  It went away the next day but that night when i tried falling asleep the same thing happened and in addition to the itchy marks i had from the night before, there were even more and they had gone further up my calf.  This has continued every night since with more and more appearing each night and I can't stand it.  I haven't seen any bugs around me nor have ai felt an actual bite at any time.  The bumps scab up and remain extremely itchy and they all  seem to be in clusters.  I kind of think that when i scratch a particular area, it spreads.  It began on the top of my feet and now goes all the way up both of my thighs and just tonight I noticed two on my stomach.  Regardless of where i sleep it happens so i don't think its bed bugs and i do have pets but have not seen a single flea and even when i sleep away from home it continues.  please help i'm desperate!