itchy bumps - not bites
I started getting itchy bumps about six months ago.  They look and act just like midgy/mosquito bites but are not.  
They are:
On my neck, scalp, edge of face, shoulders, chest and back.  NEVER below my waist and not on my arms.  
Not fleas or bed bugs (they turn up at random times even when I'm not staying at my house for prolonged periods).
Not puss-filled.
Not scabby except when I've scratched so much that they bleed.
Sometimes one on its own (say, on my stomach), sometimes in clusters of three or so (like on my back).  
I've checked between my fingers (webbing) and there's no sign of scabies.
What can they be? It's driving me mad and I really wnat to know what's wrong.
thanks

This could be an irritation, infection, or sweat dermatitis. Miliaria or  sweat rashis a skin disease marked by small and itchy rashes. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions, such as in the tropics and during the summer season.  This condition occurs when the sweat gland ducts get plugged due to dead skin cells or bacteria. The trapped sweat leads to irritation, itching and to a rash of very small blisters, usually in a localized area of the skin. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Topical antibiotics and antibacterial soap may also help. If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Take care and keep us posted.
Could it be no-seeums?  I swear that I was bit multiple times with mosquito-like bites last year.  I never saw what it was, but then someone said it could be no-seeums.  The weather changed (thank God) and I quit getting the bites.  But this year, I started getting them again.  I made my hubby NOT open the windows in the morning and put the house plants outside (in case the no-seeums were living in the dirt).  I haven't been bitten any more, but now I have a horrible bumpy itchy rash over mostly my trunk.  I don't know what it is, was treated for scabies, but it did not work.
Thank you Dr Santos, I believe this is exactly what is ailing me. I began this rash similar to that posted only on my upper arms and shoulders after the weather turned extremely hot and humid. I was also working feverishly on garage organization. I thought it might be the suntan lotion I used since it happened right after that. I think it was the combination of the lotion and working in hot humid conditions. I will use some anti-bacteria soap and bathing hand gloves to exfoliate my skin. Thank you for posting!