itchy bumps on hands feet and body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy bumps on hands feet and body

I recently moved from NY to Fl.  While in NY I would once or twice a year get small bumps on the inside of my ring and middle finger, occasionally one or two other fingers.  The bumps would itch slightly then dry up and the skin would peel.  I once saw a dermatologist and he said it wasnt serious it was----( I forget if he said psyoriosis or some other common skin condition.  Anyway it never last long and no one could notice it.  Now a week ago after being in a salt water pool for a few hours  I started itching on my palms and soles of my feet.  The next day the bumps started on my fingers and also on my palms but they itched severely.  After two days I couldn't stand the itching so I bought over the counter anti itch hydrocortazone cream.  At first it seemed to relieve it but hours later it burned.  Each day the bumps spread and grow and are hard and tight.  My knuckles are also tight.  I am 49 and in excellent health.  I take no meds.  One other thing, the bumps that started first are now now dry and cracking but there are new ones forming daily.  Do I need to go to a hospital?  Sorry to ramble but I forgot to mention that at the same time this started I broke out in itchy bumps (that look like bug bites) all over my legs arms and chest.  Help I'm a mess.  Thanks

This discussion is related to Blisters on hands � feet.
I have exactly the same problem, blisters on my hands and feet, and the bug bite thing ( I was blaming my cat for that, but she's innocent). Have you found out anything? My doc prescribed steroid cream but its not working. Its horrible, isn't it?
Hi maybe someone can help me.  I stay in South Africa. I developed water blisters on my hands and on my feet.  It ich so bad.  The blister get big then i have to burst them to get releive.  My hands swell up.  It appears on my palms and top of my hands. I have used prescribed drugs and creams but nothing helps.  It looks very unatractive, it is very painfull and uncomfortable.  Can someone maybe help,
I have very simmilar symptoms.  It came and went a few times a year and I do notice when my hands become sweaty that there are little bumps under the skin.  However, my skin tends to breakout on the tops of the hands, around the ankles, and elbows.  I misstook the condition for ringworm and got some AF ointment which only 'made it very angry'.  After I bought some HC ointment for the intense itching, which again made it worse.  Finnally a pharmisist suggested salacylic acid ointment (something like .5%).  This immediately made them heal and go away.
I have had a skin biopsy which found nothing. Also I've been to a derm but this was during 'remission' and he could do nothing for me then.  Now if I itch (maybe every two weeks or so in one or two small bumps) I apply the salacylic acid ointment very thinly only once to make it go away.

I hope that helps
I also have experienced these small itchy blisters on my hands. It seems to start with a single blister and then spread. I also was worried about it being contagious. I have been diagnosed with Poison Ivy, eczema, contact dermatitis and numberous other conditions...none of which are applicable. I finally tried a product called skin zinc and low and behold it helped. It contains salytic acid as mentioned by someone else above. Hope this helps. I just got it at the local pharmacy....try googling it.
Hi, I have also had quite similar "skin itchy/tiny bumps/blisters" as well. Only thing is...I have three children that also have these same symptoms...I know, right...I was thinking..."oh no, scabies!" But we have been to their pediatrician 2 times...she says it doesn't look like scabies...and seems to suggest it could be many things but no real answers. I have had enough! What the heck could it be? they start as a single tiny bump that gets so itchy...they scratch until it breaks open and lewaves a tiny opening the size of a pin hole. Sometimes it can even bleed from the intense scratching! then we will notice there may be a couple more in the same area...but never many. I'm freaking out...and tired of not knowing what the heck it is!! Help...please!
Gluten, and grain allergies like corn, rice even pototo the proteins in grains and dairy cause mine! its worth looking into! good luck
It could be prickly heat.it starts out with a couple itchy bumps that you just ignore it and scratch them.then they spread all over.it get red,itchy,and inflammed and irratating.avoid scratching as this will make them spread.take cool baths mix with a teaspoon of baking soda,wash in all natural fragrance free body wash AVEENO :) AND A ALOE VERA GEL.U WILL BE UNCOMFORTABLE IF IM RIGHT ABOUT IT BEING PRICKLY HEAT ALSO USE AN OATMEAL BATH PRODUCT.they heal on their own but this should help you be comfortable.also avoid lotion.