itchy bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy bumps

Hey I just had a staph infection and im am taking a ciproflaxin for it. prior to the staph infection multiple bumps appeared on my scrotum. I went to the the dermatologist and they say it look normal since im a african american.These six bumps are like a inch, and itches at night, but they are the same color of my skin ,no puss or inflammation appers on the the bumps. My brother had scrabies also prior to the bumps and we had to use a cream all over are body.I have no stds last time i checked.Im going crazy please help me.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other symptoms present? Were you able to treat the scabies? Scabies may also affect the genital area and may present as small nodules or swelling,   The itch in this region continues for weeks together despite treatment.  If you have history of allergies to some medications,  talk to your dermatologist about these bumps to rule out allergy to the antibiotic.

Take care and regards.
I have no other symptoms. They dosent itch tremendously bad but when i touch them they start to itch.I was treated for the scrabies and i no longer itch. I told my doctors were i allergic to the medication and they said nope. i am taking the ciproflacin for surgery two months ago and come to find out it fights against staph infection. I didnt have the bumps prior to the medication. they just appered one day out of nowhere. Please comment back Miss Santos or anybody else