itchy bumpy skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy bumpy skin

I am 23 and un-insured so I have not been to a Dr. about my problems yet but would like to see if I could get some advice to whats going on with me. I have recently noticed small bumps (not red or puss filled) developing on my arms. Its pretty itchy. I try not to scratch because that obviously irritates the skin more and turns it red. I also have an odd patch of bumps on my scalp. The bumps on my scalp have been there for quite some time. They itch and are very red and Im not sure what to do about it. I havent changed anything in my daily living to out of the norm. I use the same soaps and lotions that I always have so I dont think its an allergic reaction. I am not even sure that the problem on my scalp is even related to the raised itchy bumps on my arms. It could be stress related? Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to Small bumps that itch on the skin.
  • Red Bumps (1 replies):
    My question is that my back and kinda my chest area have...[more]
  • me too (1 replies):
    these bumps are all over my back and they itch like craz...[more]
  • red itchy bumps (1 replies):
    i have red itchy bumps all over the top of my thighs. ho...[more]
  • rash problem (1 replies):
    Ive got this rash and it consist of small red bumps and ...[more]
  • Red itchy bumps (2 replies):
    Can anyone tell me what this might be? It's located next...[more]
Unfortunately I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis, allergy, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or scabies. The bumps on the scalp sound like folliculitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.