itchy burning facial rash
Five days ago my face started to feel prickly and itchy. This has progressively developed into a full blown bright red rash. No raised area. Just red and dry feeling. I have tired antihistimines with no effect, dermAid 0,50% cream, sorbalene, QV (no soap) bar. The only relief I get is when Im sleeping, but now it I am woken up I cannot get back to sleep as the itching is so intense. Am going to go back to my Dr today and suggest we try steriods. I am 53. Non smoker, Non drinker. Keep good health. (have had breast cancer in past) and have never had a skin condition before.
This itchy facial rash has come suddenly and hence it can be due to contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction as well. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl for the itching.

If the irritation persists then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.