itchy feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy feet

i have itcy red rash/peeling skin on my left foot....theres about a rash the size of a 20cent piece and it is also down the side of my foot....(not connected to each other
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to tinea pedis which is a fungal infection of the foot. Tinea pedis may present in several ways, varying from mild chronic scaling to acute lesions that are exfoliative, pustular, or bullous.

Keep your feet dry and apply zinc oxide based diaper rash ointment. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist as other possibilities need to be ruled out. The second possibility is of dyshidrotic eczema. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. The third possibility is of contact dermatitis.

I suggest you to get an examination done from a physician and get the diagnosis confirmed as treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.