itchy fingertips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy fingertips

for a while now, i've had one itchy finger.  it developed a rash, which i determined was excema...however, lately, my finger has been overly itchy.  when i look closely at my finger, there are tiny water bubbles (like blisters) and it is those bumps that are really itchy.  is there a form of treatment that i can buy over the counter, or do i need to see a doctor?  also, i've noticed that the same exact finger on my other hand is now developing those tiny bubbles.  

is this due to my diabetes?
this is called hand eczema. you can use a over the counter cortisone cream and lotion to help. avoid excessive water exposure and chemical exposure. also if you develop open wounds be very careful to watch for infection. diabetes does reduce your circulation making you more prone to infection.

the bubbles are a part of the eczema. if it doesn't heal or is too worrisome go to the dermatologist, but be sure to let them know of your diabetes. :)