itchy head and neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy head and neck

for the past few weeks my neck and head have been insanely itchy ,i have had multiple people check me for any form of head lice but they said there isnt any ...now a have several pimple like bumps in these spots whick get larger and scab what should i do its incredibly itchy
These can be due to perifolliculitis scalp or head lice. Perifolliculitis is characterized by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The scalp should be washed with a mild normal shampoo as often as desired. Antidandruff shampoos containing antifungal agents such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are sometimes helpful. Apart from that you need topical and oral antibiotics, antihistamines, oral steroids and topical tretinoin.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.