itchy heels
hi
i have itching problem in my heels since over a year, it usually happens when i sleep, it drives me mad, please help
thanx
Itchy heels can be due to xerotic eczema, atopic dermatitis, infection or diabetes causing peripheral neuropathy. Since you are having such itch while you are sleeping it can be due to neurodermatitis or hormonal changes ( if you are a female in the menopausal age).

Neurodermatitis develops when nerve endings in the skin become irritated, triggering a severe itch-scratch-itch cycle. Common causes of nerve irritation include an insect bite and emotional stress. I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.