itchy left hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy left hand

over the last few weeks i have had a itchy left palm in the bottom left corner and it is doing my head in. has anybody any ideas what it could be. i think it is itchy around my life line.
There can be many possibilities for your symptoms. It can be due to xerotic eczema, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, dermatitis, dry skin or systemic diseases like diabetes or senile pruritis.

You can take antihistaminics like Benadryl and Claritin. Topical low potency corticosteroids and calamine lotion are also helpful in relieving the symptoms. More severe cases require oral corticosteroids. For that you need to consult your dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.