itchy leg cure

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy leg cure

Have any of you tried a liver cleanse or trying gluten free. I know that the liver can become clogged and can cause leaky gut syndrome. When the liver becomes clogged toxins can pass through the liver, instead of being filter out and eliminated, where they leak out through the walls of the intestines causing random symptoms. Also, a gluten intolerance can cause weird, random symptoms.  Hope this helps.

This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of rash or irritation.
I used to have itchy legs. Then I stopped wearing panty hose. It turns out I was allergic to nylon.
I read a comment for curing bilateral itchy legs a while back and it has totally worked for me and I want to share it!  My legs started itching bilaterally all of a sudden and would really itch more after a shower and at night time when I was in bed.  It was driving me crazy!  I had no rashes or bumps but the scratching was leaving my legs bruised.  Then I read a comment on this website and all I had to do was exfoliate my legs in the shower a couple of times a week!  That's it!  You  have to get a rough loofah and REALLY scrub your legs hard.  It took about three weeks of doing this for the itchiness to completely go away but I'm still exfoliating my legs twice a week and my legs are no longer itchy and are extra smoothe!  I can't find the original post of the person who recommended this to thank them but they saved my sanity!
NO longer itching!
I have been having problems with itching for over 4 years and I have just recently found "the problem." I have had blood work done looking for internal issues, tried the gluten free diet, used expensive creams and medicines and none of these worked for me. The itching was worse after showering/shaving, but it was so bad it brought me to tears. My legs are the only place really affected, and I never usually have a rash. I would scratch my skin so badly trying to resolve the itch that I was tearing my skin up. My dermatologist finally did a skin biopsy and come to find out, I have folliculitis. The hair follicles are inflamed/infected and irritate my skin, especially after shaving. They are sensitive all the time. The doctor put me on a regimen of things to help and this has been the first sign of hope for my poor legs! This may be something to ask your dermatologist about if you have tried everything else. And as always don't take/do anything to yourself that has not been prescribed by your doctor!!!  :)
I think going gluten free helps with many health related issues (55 diseases are associated with gluten), but sadly it has not stopped my itching.  I have been gluten free for 5+ years and my itching began about a year and a half ago.