itchy lip pimple
I have an itchy pimple under lip close to skin. I get it every once in awhile. It doesn't look like a cold sore. when i pop it clear fluid comes out. what can it be?
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact   cause only after clinically examining the lesion. Based on your description it may be possible that these are infections caused by HSV-1 .In this condition there are oral blisters on the lip and the inside walls of the mouth. Contact dermatitis, bacterial infections are few other possibilities. Avoid scratching these pimples as it may lead to scarring and spread of infection. Treatment depends on the specific cause. Steroids and antihistamines may be tried for small bumps on the lips caused due to certain allergies while antibiotics are prescribed for oral bacterial infection. Get it seen by a dermatologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and regards!