itchy palms of hands and soles of feet
every couples of months the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet start itching. when i scratch them then they start burning and swelling. after a few days of this the itching goes away and is replaced with light purple spots. the spots are hard to the touch and hot. they are not raised bumps. does anyone know what they are?
This sounds like a cases of erythromelagia. You can look at http://www.erythromelalgia.org/ to learn more about it.
Good luck.

After a car accident with permanent injuries to my spine, I have developed itching on the palms of my hands and almost nightly on the soles of my feet. My massage therapist says this is a symptom of fibromyalgia. Is this correct?
i have been having series of itching on my palm and the sole of my feet usually in the evenings. what can be the cause and what do i do