itchy patches of dark skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy patches of dark skin.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I got this bump on my neck. It started out with a little pus and I squeezed it. Then it became larger and itched really bad. Its the shaped of and oval and red around the outside. It looks like a ringworm but I've put everything on it. I even went to the emergency room and nothing. They just looked at it and said it look like a ringworm. Its now spreading. Its behind my ears, one on my neck which is the first one I had, my back and three on my chest. the one on my neck is bigger than the ones anywhere else. Could someone help my. I can send pictures?
  • skin bumps (1 replies):
    What causes big bumps that look like tonsils underneath ...[more]
  • zit/boil or staph (1 replies):
    The top of my nose got really red and sore almost like a...[more]
  • Recurrent Boils (1 replies):
    I keep getting boils, mostly on my chin, twice on the in...[more]
  • boils and risens (1 replies):
    What can I do as a prevention from getting risens?
  • Boils (2 replies):
    My son has Exzema extremly bad and he gets boils very fr...[more]
It looks like a boil or an abscess. Ringworm does not present as bumps but as itchy patches. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Drainage is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.