itchy quarter-size red rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy quarter-size red rash

i have a rash that comes back in the same exact place...its 5 spots and itches when you touch it..It starts when i feel  like little bugs are biting me in my genitals and then that goes away and magically, the same 5 spots appear..one of them is on my shaft  and the others are on my hands as well as one on my upper arm....this is my first outbreak in about 1 yr
From your symptoms the possibility of ringworm needs to be ruled out. The other possibility is of nummular dermatitis. For confirmation you need to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done and fungal culture of these scrapings. Treatment is usually topical and oral antifungals but the diagnosis needs to be confirmed first. Please discuss this with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.