itchy raised rash on bikini line for 2 weeks and cant go to doc.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hi, i have developed a very itchy rash on my bikini line, its raised and looks kinda swollen and is a light pink color lighter than my skin. ive tryed anti fungal creams but they havent been helping. doesnt hurt and there isnt any other symptoms besides itching.its not oozing or has scabs on it.it almost looks like swollen pores but in sections together to make it appear rash like. idk if it is from shaving or what it is and i cant go to doc for the next few weeks due to insurance problems i really just want to know if its something bad and for it to stop itching. please help.
It can be folliculitis,dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash or excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizing cream applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers