itchy rash near anus

for a couple of months I have had itchy skin on the skin near my anus in the butt crack. I had bacterial vaginosis a couple of months ago and it hasnt reoccurred. is it possible the infection could have spread to my anus area? also i noticed that there are bumps as well. they dont bleed and i cant see them in the mirror. i dont have an HPV infection so I have ruled out warts so what could it be! I also always have protected sex and i checked for STDs and I'm clear. Its bothersome and I would really like any suggestions. Thanks!
Causes of itchy anal rash include moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting,chemical irritants like laundry soaps, and scented toilet paper,certain food irritants,medicines,infections like STD’s and pinworms,anal abrasions and fissures and skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema. Sometimes hemorrhoids will start off as red rash and anal itching.

Treatment of anal itching depends on the cause of the problem.So pls get an examination done by a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.Till that time,try an over-the-counter (OTC) cream or ointment containing hydrocortisone (Cortaid, Preparation H),but it is to be applied sparingly to the affected area. A protective ointment that contains zinc oxide (Desitin, Balmex) also may help. If your symptoms are worse at night, pls take an antihistamine like benadryl to reduce itching until topical treatments take effect.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
hi Kindd,

im ok now! i figured that it was mositure causing the problem and the soap i was using. now that i have switched to a unscented soap and thourougly clean the anus area my problems have stopped. I also make sure after i take a shower or exercise i keep the area dry. im not 100% cured but im not as uncomfortable. thanks for your help!