itchy rash on back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy rash on back

Hi, I work at a tanning salon. So once I got this rash on my back I thought it could be ringworm. It was really itchy and once I itch it it got bigger. Was red in the middle and white on the outside almost in a circle. Thats why I thought it was ringworm. Well now I'm getting it all over my back and a spot on my stomach. Nothing I'm putting on it is helping it or helping the itch. And like I said once I itch it gets bigger. What can this be? I've never had this before.
It can be due to ringworm or pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.