itchy rash on face
I have a itchy rash on my face.  My skin looks dry and irritated with tiny bumps in a few places.  The rash is the worse aroun my smile line area.  The doctor gave me steriods which made it go away, but now two weeks later.... its back.  When i get out of the shower it is the most red.  I have tried lotions and creams.  What else can i do?
From the symptoms you have mentioned, it seems to be a case of Eczema. It is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps,animals,certain foods, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.