itchy rash
I have had really strong itches in certain places for about the last week or so. Nothing has changed around me recently to make me suspect an allergic reaction. I am itchy in my armpits, inside of my elbows, around my groin, backs of my knees and even sometimes in and around my belly button. I have noticed a rash on the inside of my elbows and a bit of a rash in my armpits. Any ideas what it could be or what is causing it. Ive had a look at certain rashes for more severe diseases such as meningitis and im pretty sure it isnt something like that.
It can be a rash due to fungal infection but if the rash is bites like lesions then scabies needs to be ruled out. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.