itchy red blotchy rash??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy red blotchy rash??

I have had this rash for about 3 weeks. It keeps spreading, it started on my chest now its on my chest stomach back shoulders and neck. I'm a insulator so at first I assumed it was a skin irritation from insulation but it keeps getting worse. It gets worse when I get a shower I thinly from the heat. Any ideas
Oh I forgot I have scoured the net but non of the types of rash that match my symptoms match to pics.
You have not mentioned the description of the rash but since the rash is spreading and from the area described, it can be due to contact dermatitis, allergies, heat rash, sweat dermatitis, fungal infection or pityriasis rosea.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.