itchy red scalp for 7 months, please help, tried everything!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

i have had a dry itchy scalp that is mainly just at the top of my neck, there are some red patches with flaky skin. i have seen a doctor numerous times and have tried almost every home remedy from vinegar, coconut & olive oil, i have tried these medicated shampoo's, philip kingsley scalp range, ketoconazole, selenium sulphide, salacylic acid, coal tar and loads more. i've had this for months and am desperate to stop the itching! what can i do
It can be due to seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff skin. Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

If the symptoms persist please consult a trichologist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.