itchy red spots on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy red spots on penis

I am a 23 year old male and I am only sexually active with one partner.  Recently I've been having itchy red spots on the underside of the shaft of my penis.  Now, my partner has been to the health department recently and no flags went up, and my partner and I are faithful, so I'm pretty confident that it's not an STD.  But I'm still worried as to how I can get rid of this rash/bug bites.

To describe my symptoms, there are basically two spots on the underside of the shaft.  They tend to itch, but not uncontrollably.  For the most part I don't even notice but once I start itching it seems to just start it up.  Their is no burning and no pain or anything like that.  I would say for the first few days they sort of have a glassy look to the surface.  And then develope a layer of dry/dead/flaky skin on the top of the spots which can easily be peeled off.  I Initially thought that it would just clear up cause I thought that was a sign it was healin.  But I want to make sure.  If I had to take a stab at it I would say it was Jock itch...but from the symptoms that I've "googled" that seems to affect a whole area as opposed to just a couple spots.  Also, the spots never seem to grow bigger or smaller, or even move to different areas.  It's just those two exact spots that itch and haven't gone or what not.  Is this something I should be really worried about, or is this something that just happens to guys?  I plan on making a trip to the health department in the near future, it would just be nice to have some insight into my dilemma before I go.  Please HELP!!!
did you use a condom?
hey bro i seem to have a similar issue... did you end up getting any help there?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You heave described the lesions (allow me to call them lesions) as  distinct bumps with a shiny surface is this correct?

What is the color of the lesions?

You have also noted that they are not painful but they do itch. Differentials at this point will be a dermatitis, folliculitis, genital warts and molluscum. I do not want to alarm you but these are just differentials and they may be excluded or ruled out along the way.

Folliculitis is a bacterial infection and may present as reddish bumps with pus at the center. These bumps may involve the hair follicles. They may also be painful. A dermatitis on the other hand may also present with bumps but they usually present as redness and itchiness over a certain area.

Do you have any known allergies?

Genital warts and molluscum may present as distinct skin colored lesions. Genital warts may have a rough and slightly irregular border. While molluscum may present with a shiny surface with a depressed center .Folliculitis, warts and molluscum are contagious.

At this point, wash the area with a mild and bland soap and do avoid unnecessarily touching the area. Also avoid sharing towels and other personal belongings that may be in close contact with the lesions.

Do keep us posted with regards to physician's advice.  
I have these same symptoms also, would love if the results were posted.
I don't have any medical insurance so trying to find peace of mind here.
Woudl love to know how this was resolved. Thanks! ;p