Dermatology Community
itchy rib rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

itchy rib rash

I have a really super itchy rash that covers my entire ribcage on both sides and a little in between. (raised but not blistered) The doctor I saw said it was a contact rash (like poison ivy but it's not poison ivy) and gave me a steroid cream. Thing is, I have had no contact with anything and if it were that type, it should be spreading but it is only on the ribs. It itches so bad and of course is painful from scratching. There is one small section of the right rib that is very painful to the touch (like bad bruise) which the doctor said was also from scratching but why just one spot would feel that way and not everywhere I am scratching, I do not know. I think there is more to it but can't find any info that describes it. Anyone have a clue? PS- I have not changes detergents, deoderants, bodywash etc (and again, it's only on the ribs). Thanks.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sixty-six year old male with pretty much the same symptoms except that the itching with red bumpy rash was located in other areas also (small of back, side of knee, one shin) but cleared up in these locations and now remains confined to both sides of the ribcage.  No medical advice sought as of yet.  Moisturizing cream has reduced the redness but not the itching.  The points of the bottom ribs exhibit some tenderness but not too bad.  
Blank
Sixty-six year old male with pretty much the same symptoms except that the itching with red bumpy rash was located in other areas also (small of back, side of knee, one shin) but cleared up in these locations and now remains confined to both sides of the ribcage.  No medical advice sought as of yet.  Moisturizing cream has reduced the redness but not the itching.  The points of the bottom ribs exhibit some tenderness but not too bad.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...