itchy rosacea?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy rosacea?

I went to my pcp to show her my red cheeks and nose.  It is pretty smooth, although sometimes there are a few raised pimple-looking bumps(without the whitehead). Here's the question, they itch and the more I scratch/rub them the more pronounced they become, is this really rosocea or is it more like sensitive skin? I've tried everything otc from cortisone to vit e. Dr prescribed noritate 1% daily and I've been using it for about 7 weeks.  I don't really see much of a difference. Possibly a wee bit lighter red????
Hey-I was just diagnosed with steroid induced rosacea....from what i understand its very similar to rosacea , but has a chance to be cured. Caused by using a strong steroid cream on my face.  Anyway, I have breakouts of redness and tiny, red ,VERY itchy bumps on my forehead and chin. They never turn into pimples and get worse when I wash my face or shower.  My doc gave me oral tetracycline and a sulfur cream...its only been 2 days so i don't see much change yet!  She did ,however, scrape the rash and was able to look under the microscope in order to diagnose...maybe you should find a dermatologist and hopefully find a definitive answer.  I also only wash my face with Cetaphil wash and use Cetaphil lotion.
Good luck and I hope this helps!!!

What part of the world are u from? Are you caucasian?

do you have any allergies? any senstivities?

How old are you and are u a girl or a guy?.

It is difficult to say what this could be , but I would like to assume that you have a sensitive skin of some sort which is the cause of this abberation. Therefore your doctor can only give you more advise.

You can try washing with cetaphil and trying to see a response.

Let me know if you need more information on any issue.