itchy scalp, back of neck, and pubic area
A few days ago, my scalp, back of neck, and now my pubic area has become extremely itchy. Everyone in my family has checked my head, but they don't see any nits or lice. My neck has become red in spots I itched it. Cortaid doesn't work, neither does gold bond cream. I could have gotten something when I went to Panama two weeks ago and was in close contact with children there. I was wondering what this could be so I could treat it right away. I will be living on campus in two weeks and need to know how cautious I should be.
update- I think it might be lice actually. I took a shower yesterday and I think I saw two brown nits come off on my hand when I ran conditioner through my hair. My friend found a white egg on my hair today. My neck has hives. So do I have head and pubic lice?
It can be due to head and body lice. According to CDC (centre of disease control), Intense itching (“pruritus”) and rash caused by an allergic reaction to the louse bites are common symptoms of body lice infestation. Wash the Clothing, bedding, and towels in hot water and dry them in sun after machine drying them. Topical permethrin or Lindane cream may be needed which are available by prescription only. Treatment of scabies is the same i.e permethrin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.