itchy sore scalp with no dandruff or sores
I have been relaxing my hair for many years. I have stopped but I am suffering with scalp irritation at the crown of my head, including intense itching no matter how much hydration, treatment or lack thereof. I have no dandruff whatsoever. No sores or anything like that. Color seems normal to the naked eye too I do have a sore scalp and my hair breaks in these areas very seriously. I want to stop the itching and the soreness. I have had many stylist look at it but no one seems to notice anything out of the ordinary. I had a Dermatologist look at it in Marblehead MA. and he said to use T-Gel but nothing is working. I have been suffering for years. Please help. I just want to be normal again.. I can't sleep because the itch is so intense. I have tried everything.
Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

A differential for this is a probable allergic reaction ( without overt skin manifestation), a fungal infection, psoriasis  or a nerve related problem. You had a significant history of previous repeated exposure to hair chemicals. At this point, we can not say if this directly caused your condition but this is significant history.

I suggest that you seek consult with an internist to have you thoroughly assessed. Have you tried taking antihistamine medications for the itchiness? Your physician may request for some blood tests to rule out diabetes and infections. At this point, continue to shampoo frequently using a mild and bland shampoo if the medicated shampoos did not offer relief. Try to avoid any hair chemicals at the moment until this has been properly assessed.

A fungal infection is not completely ruled out at the moment as this may be recurrent especially in the presence of an overlying dermatitis.