Dermatology Expert Forum
itchy spots on scrotum and underside of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have a few itchy spots on the top of my scrotum and underside of penis toward the base!this occured last monday. after putting hydrocort cream gone in day.Spots were very itchy about size of penicil eraser in diameter redness nothing raised and no blisters.the itchy spots were gone in a day after putting  hydrocort cream on them i'm scared this could be herpes.i went to urolgist on that thursday the spots were gone already. he said maybe heat don't worry but he didn't even look.last night i had another little red mark on top of scrotum toward the base of penis.Marks go from red to pink then nothing within 2 days, not raised or anything itched horribly all night. then gone the next couple days after cream. spot was kinda glossy maybee from breaking skin from itching no scabs though could this be herpes???please help my doctor in horrible.and for me to go to derm i have to get a refferal.Question #2 i have a little hard bump on scrotum its been there a long time fleshesy clored to a little browinsh somtimes. about an 1/8 inch in dia its harder feeling no pain or itch.its not perfectly round. i picked it b4 and it bled then healed now it looks the same.this is only one bump that definatey doesn't look normal its not really even raised up  not glossy or soft or oozy.its like dry looking almost looks like little scab but its not.i put vinegar on it and it didn't turn white!What do u think it could be?anything to worry about
ive seen pics of warts and this doesn't look like that at all!Question 3 my penis glans (glands) is rough textured up close it looks like millions of tiny little round flesh circles.if u strech skin u can separate them.is this normal looking skin no irratation or anything just wondering if that is normal or not
Thank you alot i'm really just worried about those itchy little red rash spots.and i always have protected sex with condom. no condom during oral sex.and i had a full physical last month blood and urine test!hiv negative and no stds in blood or urine test.but that was last month!Thanks alot doc Please give me a piece of mind i'm driving myself crazy!Please help!!!
If the irchy rash went right away, the urologist was more than likely right to say they weren't herpes.  Sure doesn't sound like it at all.

The bump sounds like a cyst, not a wart.

The rough texture you can see only when you stretch the skin sounds like normal penile anatomy.

I thin you have nothing to worry about.  I also think you should get a referral to a dermatologist, just as I assume you needed one to see the urologist, so you won't have to keep driving yourself crazy.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I wanted to know what u thought the itchy redness could be from.by the way im 24 if u needed to know the age.it didn't seem like u took your time answering my?. how should i treat this itchyness if it comes back
Itchiness can be anything from friction to mild irritation.  If hydrocortisone helped before, that's mild enough to try again.

Dr. Rockoff
THe itchy redness came back again this wed.it itched really bad,in the same spot again.today is thursday i put goldbond on it overnight.no itch today and its pinkn now almost gone.no pain.it itches almost like a bug bite or poison ivy it makes u want to dig at it but i don't.could this be herpes?it reacts to gold bond and hydrocoritzone.its its all gone within 2 days but it keeps coming back?if u stretch the skin really tight and look with a magnifieng glass u can kinda see little dots that are itchy but thats under a magna glass.like i said no pain just itch and it rids it self within 2 days then ccomes back after a few. What could this be???????please help i'm willing to donate $ again for answers.when i was at the urologist last thursday it was gone.now its back this wednsday!please help!!!!!!!!! thank you i am very gratefull
I'm not sure what it will take to reassure you.  Dots that you can only see with a magnifying glass are not symptoms of herpes.  Itch that comes and goes and comes again can be irritation, or worry, or whatever.  Please try to take yes for an answer--yes, you are OK.

Dr. Rockoff
ey i also have this itchy spots on my scrotum, the spot looks like glossy and very thin part of a skin, when you stretch it, you will feel that something's wrong on that spot, what should i do? it's really itchy and it when i put some drops of alcohol, it reacts and it is very very painful. what should i do? what kind of medicine i will use??? plse reply asap...
hi for the past week now i have been experiencing itchyness in the penis region. it is coming from the inside where i urinate ... pretty close going towards the top of the penis.. the itchyness is not severe in fact almost most of the time i dont feel anything but it seems like it comes and goes, sometimes it feels itchy when i urinate. i thought that something might have gone inside my penis hole to cause this but im not sure
hi..i have a small green spot on my penis. it gets slightly bigger when im erect, but is still pretty small. it has a sort of black thing going through it as well. please help. is it serious?
Hi I have a white spot on my testicle. Its not raised. Sometimes its itchy and sometimes its not. It also feels drier than the rest of the testicle. What could this be?