itchy white goosebumps-look-alike

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy white goosebumps-look-alike

It kinds of like a itchy white goosebumps-look-alike at first. After I scratch it; it turns into red color. Start out from my back, then forearm, private places, and contintue to spread. I don't know what it is and nothing is working. Can anyone help?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating during hot, humid weather. It can occur at any age.Heat rash looks like a small blisters adn more likely to occur on the neck and upper chest, in the groin, under the breasts, and in elbow creases. Treatment for heat rash is primarily provide a cooler, less humid environment. Keep the affected area dry and avoid using ointments or creams-they keep the skin warm and moist and may make the condition worse. Drinking plenty of fluids and wearing light weight clothing usually help. This condition may go away on its own. If it persists, it would be best to see your doctor for furtehr evaluation and management.

Take care and keep us posted.
Please look up Keratosis Pilaris. I think I have the same thing, and there's many people discussing it on wrongdiagnosis.com. From the hundreds of posts I read the only person that was able to get rid of it fasted, drinking only water and FRESHLY juiced apples and carrots (1:1 ratio apples/carrots), coffee enemas, and unrefined coconut oil on the rash. I'm starting that today, but I am also going to try putting cod liver oil on the rash since it is high in vitamin a. I hope this helps.
Oh, and doctors don't seem to care much about the actual cause. Most of them just want to prescribe drugs and if that doesn't work, they're "sorry, but there's nothing we can do."