itchy with tiny watery bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy with tiny watery bumps

I never had this problem before until it all showed 4 years ago on my front legs.   It is unbearably itchy and each time I scratch it leaves a dark area and takes a while for it to disappear.   I get this itchy breakout at least 3 times a year, mostly on the same spot on my 2 legs and recently on my chest right below my neck.   Has anyone had this kind of problem and diagnosis.    What is the remedy?

jot8

This could be askin condition called eczema, a kind of allergy.Eczema is a chronic skin disorder that involves scaly and itchy rashes. Eczema is also called atopic dermatitis.
Eczema is due to a hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) in the skin, which leads to long-term inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become itchy and scaly. Long-term irritation and scratching can cause the skin to thicken and an have a leather-like texture.
It presents with a rash or blisters with oozing and crusting, associated with itching.A skin lesion biopsy may be performed, but is not always required to make the diagnosis.
Treatment may vary depending on the appearance (stage) of the lesions -- acute "weeping" lesions, dry scaly lesions, or chronic dry, thickened lesions are each treated differently.
Dry skin often makes the condition worse. When washing or bathing, keep water contact as brief as possible and use less soap than usual. After bathing, it is important to trap the moisture in the skin by applying lubricating cream on the skin while it is damp. Temperature changes and stress may cause sweating and aggravate the condition.
Mild anti-itch lotions or topical corticosteroids (low potency) may soothe less severe or healing areas, or dry scaly lesions.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1000853