jock itch will not go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

jock itch will not go away

6262712?1287468646
I have had jock itch for the past year and it will not go away. It comes and goes depending on my activity and usually re occurs after I sweat in my groin area. I take 2 showers a day and I have used almost every over the counter spray and creams. I have also tried petro jelly, mouth wash, rubbing alcohol, every powder and the only thing that seems to help control it is a steriod cream called elocon. It still comes back and I do not know what to do anymore and it hurts like heck. someone please help me!
In case of recurrent jock itch infection, it is important to keep the area dry. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream (terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.