jock itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

jock itch

can jock itch move to your penis? i have had it for months now and can only keep it under control w powder, not get rid of it. when i have sex w/my girlfriend, afterwards my penis gets red, raw and gets little cracking in the skin right under the head of my penis, some small amount of itching. has the jock itch moved to my penis or is this something else? i might add there are no sores or anything like that. it seems to heal and only get raw after sex. is there some antibiotics i can get to clear up the jock itch once and for all? im getting very worried and it starting to affect my sleep.
  • Jock Itch? (2 replies):
    Can jock itch just be an itch around your groin, testicl...[more]
  • raw penis (1 replies):
    why when after me and my husband have sex his penis beco...[more]
  • Jock itch or "prickly heat" (3 replies):
    Hi, My boyfriend has long had a recurring problem and...[more]
  • jock itch (1 replies):
    how do i get rid of jock itch without seein a docter
  • jock itch (1 replies):
    how do i get rid of jock itch with out going to the d...[more]
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be chaffing. Chafing is a continuous rubbing of the skin that causes redness or soreness.

Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.