keloid/hypertrophic

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

keloid/hypertrophic

Okay so I am a 17 year old female and about 2 years ago I got my nose pierced and soon got a bump by the piercing that my doctor called a keloid. She said that it would not go away without some kind of cosmetic surgery. But about a week after taking the piercing out, the 'keloid' went away. After some research I was wondering if maybe it was a hypertrophic scar? But basically my real question is was that my body a way of rejecting the piercing?  And if I got a tattoo would something like that happen to the tattoo?
Keloids do not go away on their own. What you may have got is a boil or a cyst. Getting a tattoo has its own set of complications like infections and HIV/ hepatitis B or allergic reaction. Hence discuss the pros and cons and then get a tattoo done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Nightly application of silicon dressing for 2 months helped me with a new keloid