knots under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

knots under skin

i m 27 years old and i have knots under the skin of my whole body for the last 3 years. i m worried what it could be. please suggest....

This discussion is related to Knots on legs.
One of the possibilities for such kind of knots is erythema nodosum. It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees.

Diagnosis is by physical examination and biopsy of the lesion.Other lab investigations like complete blood count, ESR,ASO titer, urinalysis, throat culture, intradermal tuberculin test, and chest x-ray may also be done.

I would recommend a physician/dermatologist’s evaluation. Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis. The other possibilities are of swollen lymph nodes, cysts, lipomas, boils, abscess or warts.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.