large painful acne
i am 50 years old.  for the past year i have been getting large painful pimples on my face, usually around my hairline, eyebrows and scalp.  theonly 2 things i can think of as causes .....a year ago i started to drink a fruit drink every morning 1/2 cup orange juice, a banana, an apple and a pear.  is this too much sugar at one time, enough to cause acne?  
my doctor says it is a stapg infection and puts me on antibiotics every 6 weeks.  also a year ago a cat came to live with one of my room mates and i cuddle with my 2 dogs a lot, could animals be the cause?  thank  you in advance
it is me again i am the writer of large painful acne, i forgot to add something important...... when i am away from home, recently 2 weeks in europe, my face clears up
From the symptoms they look like infected hair follicles or boils rather than acne. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).
Some anti-inflammatory medicines (like diclofenac  or ibuprofen) will help to reduce the swelling. Cleaning with some anti-septic solution and anti-biotic course under general physician’s guidance will lessen the symptoms. Till then, topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.