large red oval at first outline then filled in
Two months ago I noticed two bilateral red ovals that were outlines with a clear skin center. Each is positioned next to a breast about four inches under my armpit. I looked as if someone drew an outline on either side of my body. The line itself was about an eight an inch but has since begun to fill-in asymmetrically from the edge toward the center.

It does not itch. It is only recently begun to rise upward slightly. It has been flat to the surface without any height or depth. One of these ovals is three inches wide and two inches tall and the other is about an inch and a half wide by an inch tall. The fill-in is asymmetrical. The smaller one has gained more height off the surface of the skin than the larger one.
It is NOT ringworm. They are much too large and not the characteristic concentric circles.

They are not noticeable except visually. I am an RN with access to textbooks and pictures, but I cannot find anything like this.

Please help if someone can. I have made a dermatology appointment but it will be 9 weeks before I can get in. i thought this anomaly would be self-limiting, but it is not!
For such annular rashes, the possibilities of pityraisis rosea and nummular dermatitis needs to be ruled out. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash.

Please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis because treatment is different for both.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.