large red swollen knot under arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

large red swollen knot under arm

I Have had 2 red knots under my arm for about a week now. I Have tried getting into a DR but with going to school full time and having 4 children its hard to get in.I Do however have a DR appt. in 2 days. I Thought at first it was a boil so i tried the hot compresses and nothing works the redness has now spread from my armpit to my elbow and I am running a 100.6 fever. One of the raised areas is about the size of a half dollar and is very painful. it is to the point now that i cant hardly raise my arm it hurts so bad and feels like somthing in my arm and breast area is pulling. Any ideas what this could be?
Avatar n tn
My 2 year old son did have MRSA about 2 months ago Could this problem i'm having be that? If so can it spread into the lymph nodes?