large whelps on skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

large whelps on skin

Recently my 12 year old daughter has been breaking out in large whelps.  These whelps just come and go with no warning at all.  Today she started breaking out in perfect dots (raised) on her arms.  She said they just popped up at school with no warning at all.  Her arm looks poka dotted.  Its the weirdest thing I have ever seen.  She says they itch.  They will go away as quick as they came.  I took her to the doctor and showed him her skin and he didn't seem concerned at all which upset me.  So I am trying to find out if anyone knows what this might could possibly be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The rashes could be an irritation, insect bite, allergic reaction or infection. This should also be differentiated from  urticaria (hives)  or  weals which are a kind of skin rash notable for dark red, raised, itchy bumps.  Majority of chronic urticaria have an unknown cause while viral infection, friction, pressure, temperature extremes, exercise, and sunlight are also possible causes. If it persists, have this evaluated further by your dermatologist for proper management. Direct clinical examination is important in determining the diagnosis.  Also, try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary infection.

Take care and keep us posted.
About 3 weeks ago my skin on my upper forearms and theighs began to itch when I would scratch them it would form red whelps. The itching would occur with no known triggers. It appeared to be worse at night, after a bath. The red whelps would be in the exact formation of how I had scratched the skin, if I scratched in a circle the whelp would be a circle, and hard. If I scratched in a line, the whelp would form in a hard line. This is so odd, if I began to itch and did not scratch the area there would be no whelps only a few small red dots. Benadryl cream does not relieve the itching or the whelps nor does hydrocortizone cream.
Hi i was just reading your post and i would like to inform you there is a condition call andriodema i have it , it causes whelps on the underarms eye's and mouth if it gets in your mouth then it can cause your wind pipe to swell shut and you will have to be rushed to the ER> they is a web site called mayoclinic. com go there and look for it , it will tell you everything you need to know about it. the doctor at my local ER gave it to me when i went in there one time with my eye swollen shut competly from eating peanuts which will cause these whelps.. i hope this helps you out and god bless for being such a good parent to really find out what is going on with your child i dont know for sure this is what she may have but it is a suggestion. i hope it helps
Since I moved to houston I have started to break out only at night and only when I get hot I begin itching something terrible and only when I cool my body temp down the welts go away, any suggestions on what could be causing the problem.
my 9 yr old has broke out in whelps all over her core at first then on her arms ,legs, and neck  now she has spots around her eyes. if i put her in the tube and wash her well and put benidril creme  on it it seems to fade some and lose its swelling some too but with in an hour or sothey r huge again and 1 whelp can cover her whole abdomen any ideas on what it could b? its the closest to hives ive ever seen please help me help this pityful little angel thanks  :)