large white bumps under skin on arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

large white bumps under skin on arm

Hi there several months ago i found a large white bump under my skin on my left arm, now i have 10 or 15 all over my left arm and it is very very painful and throbs with pain. I am not sure what to do and have not had time to see doctor. Please tell me what you think it might be?
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination but it can be boils, abscess or lipomas which are pressing on the nerves. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out.

Apply warm compresses on these bumps and consult a dermatologist for examination and confirmation of diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.