late onset acne

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

late onset acne

hi,i am 25yrs..of late..i have been getting alot of acne of late... around my cheeks and mouth and sometimes on my forehead(next to my brows)..the  acne has been one or two cystic and the rest just simple pimples..i really dont understand what happen...infact i have been eating really healthy..fruits and veggies..and very little sugars..no sodas just lots of water..there is a family history of acne but i have never had till i turned 25..whats happening to me..what should i do?i am of African decent.should i go on contraceptive pills?i really need you help
Acne is due to an overactivity and plugging of the oil glands. The main cause of acne is increased levels of hormones during adolescence. You can prevent and treat acne by changing your lifestyle like eating proper diet, getting a good amount of sleep and drink at least eight glasses of water daily.  You can also treat acne by cleaning your face regularly, using skincare products, apply antibacterial topical medications. With the help of the doctor, the treatment of oral antibiotics, contraceptive pills, retinoids, cortisone injections, chemical peels and laser treatment can be your choices.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.