left forearm burn and itch no rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

left forearm burn and itch no rash

I am 42 year old male. For the last couple of years my left forearm (about 2 inches from my elbow toward my hand) will start burning and itching out of the blue. It seems that in the last couple of months it has become more frequent and lasts longer.  Usually after a couple of days of scratching I will have a small sore show up (probably from all the scratching). Tonight after a terrible bought of scratching and a whole lot of profanity, I ended up trying everything in the medicine cabinet. I first put on some medicated ointment with no relief. While looking for rubbing alcohol I put peroxide on the area just for kicks. Guess what? Where I had no visible sores, a number of spots started to foam and burn. The more peroxide I put on the more spots appeared. Every place I saw the spots are exactly the places that itched. I sprayed Tinactin on the area and wrapped it with an ace bandage. It seems that the itching has stopped and the burning is subsiding. If you have any ideas on what it is please HELP.
have a doctor look at it is my best advice. with all the different treatments it's hard to say what may have helped.
Look up Brachioradial Pruritus.  See if this sounds like what you have.

***@****