Dermatology Expert Forum
lesion/pinkish patch in pubic area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

lesion/pinkish patch in pubic area

I have noticed a fleshy redish/pinkish patch, about the diameter of a small pea, slightly raised in the center, with a slight indentation in the center of it, located in my pubic area,just above my penis in the skin fold hairy area . Not sure how long it's been there, think several months. From my touching,looking and spreading it, feels slightly sensitive now. No oozing or any type discharge. No other discoloration. Could this be a melanoma, other type skin cancer, wart, ingrown hair,???? it has me concerned. Any feel for what this lesion would be???
I can't tell, but it surely doesn't sound like a melanoma.  It could be a pimple, or perhaps a molluscum wart.  But why worry?  Just leave it alone and show it to a doctor, so you can find out what it is and ignore it.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Doctor;   As you had suggested. I did visit my dermatologist, as was my intention all along.  I was to have a mole removed that day, so asked her about this lesion in my pibic area. She, and another dermatologist had told me that the mole looked, ok, and 20 yrs. ago would not have been removed unlessed markedly changed. However; today methods are more pro-active and they agreed to take it off and have it biopsied.  While I have not received the pathology report on the mole yet, they say in about 14 working days, (sure seems like a long time to me), but she did tell me the lesion in the pubic area, that I had questioned you about, was a keratosis. She froze it w/ a spray. It has caused quite a discoloration on and around the spot. Now, after about 3 1/2 days, and I have managed, somehow,  to scrape or rub a small section of the dying skin off this now discolored and somewhat more raised lesion. My question is, will this scraping off the dead skin, possibly too soon, effect the planned and hoped for distruction , by freezing, of this lesion?
Dr Rockoff ,,Please excuse the typo error, misspelling your name.