Dermatology Community
lichen planus
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lichen planus

well,where do i start,i was put on azithrymicin,z pak, got bacteria vaginosis,was given a round of flagyl after 10 days after being on the z pak,developed thrush and only took 2 flagyl so i never cleared the bv. took nyastin for a week did not work,then fluconzole for a week ,1 pill 100 mg for 7 days,worked ut i think i got lichen planus in my mouth. tongue hurts and burning,now i still have o take flagyl to clear up the bv. this has been a nightmare,antibiotics are to blame and my question is,did all the mouth meds cause this and will this go? if not i have to take a round of flagyl and just afraid if i do i will have more problems? did anyone read where any of these meds cause lichen planus? i also had hearing problems because z pak is ototoxic!!!!!! any advice thank you
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules (flat spots) or rashes. The exact cause of Lichen Planus is not very clearly understood but some triggers are found and these include stress, food allergens, environmental allergens and some drugs (NSAID’s, pencillamine, tetracycline, captopril. sulfonamides etc). Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.

Hope it helps. Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Blank
hi,well i dont think that is it,i  seem to have a problem with taking an antibiotic. i just would like your advice on any secondary infections or any long standing damage that a z pak can do to the body?ears are hurting and my stool is still soft!
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Secondary infection after the use of an antibiotic like Zpack may cause oral, bladder or penile/ vaginal skin infections. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...