light brown patches on skin
i have these light brown patches that appeared on my hands. They are mainly on my fingers, but are now seem to be appearing on my hands. They are small in size. They do not itch or anything and they are not raised above the skin. The only thing that i can possibly think is that is has something to do with the diet i am on. I started to lower the amount of calories i consume and the spots seemed to appear a week after. Does anyone know what this can be???
These sound like sun spots or lentigenes. Sun spots or lentigines, are harmless, flat, brown discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people older than 40 years of age. They are caused by the skin being exposed to the sun over many years and are a sigh of sun damage. The only way to prevent age spots is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have additional queries. Kind regards.

My cousin started to get these light and brown patches on her skin last year.  It started after she got a bad sunburn, peeled, then she went back out into the sun when the skin was still pink from peeling.  Of course, she used no sunscreen, still doesn't, and it's spread from just her back, to her torso, arms, and neck.  What is it? and What can be done to treat this?  We were told by a close friend that Selsen Blue would "cure" it.